While the summer is drawing to a close, it appears our journalists are not slowing down even in the face of adversity. What makes the travels of Mr. Morris and Ms. Ballantine so much fun is that these travels are not done alone. We hope you all will choose to make time for them, if not in Harrisburg, PA with our gracious hosts from Watch the Skies then perhaps among the multitudes gathering in Atlanta, GA.
Watch the Skies
August 25, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
alongside the steampunk talents of…
- Pip Ballantine, The Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences
- Sarah Hunter, Brute Force Studios
- Jared Axelrod, writer of The Battle of Blood and Ink
- Steve Walker, artist of The Battle of Blood and Ink
August 31- September 3, Atlanta, Georgia
- The Retro-Cast: Steampunk Podcasting & More – Fri. 8:30pm in Westin Int’l BC (Main Room)
- The World Is Bigger Than England: Multi-Culturalism in the Alternate History Environment — Saturday 2:30pm in Westin Int’l A (Roundtable Room)
- The Parsec Awards — Saturday, 4:30 pm in the Regency V Ballroom — Hyatt
- The Tech Stuff (hosted by Steve Riekeberg) — Saturday, 8pm in Hilton 204
- Steampunk Author Roundtable (Part 1) – Sunday 1oam in Westin Int’l A (Roundtable Room)
- Book Signing, The Missing Volume, Sunday 1:30-2:30 in Marriott Booth 614
- Social Steam: Steampunk, Social Media, and Making It Work – Monday 10am in Westin Int’l A (Roundtable Room)
- Steampunk 101 — Monday, 11:30 a.m. at Hyatt Embassy D-F
- How Do You Take Your Steampunk — Light or Dark? – Monday 1pm in Westin Int’l A (Roundtable Room)
And if you find yourself curious about how our journalists carry themselves in public, you may wish to have a listen to their recent (and rather bawdy) episode of the Parsec-nominated The Shared Desk where they sit down with a rabble-more of of vile (and rather voluptuous) confederates.
If you attend one of our journalists’ events, do not be shy. Please, give them proper felicitations. They would love to thank you for your support.